Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Helsel Thanksgiving



My sister Sylvia and her daughter, Lydia, were unable to join us at my parents; Josiah and his family spent Thanksgiving with his in-laws, and Jason joined the Rice family down in Tri-Cities for the festal day of thanks.

But my brother, Ken, and his family (Bonnie, Kyle and Casey) were able to come up from Cottage Grove, Oregon to join Ellen, Rae, Bekah and me for Thanksgiving at my folk's place in Edmonds, WA. We were also blessed by the company of Whit, a young man from Thailand who was an exchange student at my nephews' school for a year.

We enjoyed an amazing turkey-dinner together on Thursday (my mom is a phenomenal cook and hostess) and took in the new 3D A Christmas Carol movie at the IMAX Theater on Friday, followed by a stroll through the sculpture park on Elliot Bay.

As they say, "A good time was had by all." I am so very thankful for my family, and for how very much I enjoy their company. My cup truly "runneth over."



If you are interested, here are a few more pics.

No comments: