Friday, March 05, 2010

List or Lung?



Eureka! Sometimes the the truth is just right in front of you, and has been all along. Think for a moment about the etymology of the word "membership." When I think of myself as a "member" of the local YMCA (and I am) I think of my name in their computer system and my access to the exercise rooms, racquetball courts, rock-climbing wall and gymnasium. But that was not at all Paul's conception of the word "member." To Paul, "member" meant "bodily organ"; an irreplacable component of the body that only made sense in context, and working in concert with, the other "members."

So here's the question Christian: When you think of your "membership" at your local church, do you think "list" or "lung", "roster" or "renal gland"? If the question intrigues you, then listen to the sermon clip below.

Sermon Excerpt - True Members from Daniel Foucachon on Vimeo.

1 comment:

u j04su06 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.