Saturday, November 20, 2004

Why Blog?

"Reading makes a man full, preaching makes a man exuberant, but writing makes a man exact." Or so the saying goes...

Assuming that there is some truth to this proverb, I am venturing out into the universe of web-logging with guarded optimism, hopeful that the exercise of writing down my random obeservations and uneven cogitations will bring some clarity to my own thought processes. If someone else out there can benefit from my cyber-scribblings so much the better. I will strive to be exact, not in the sense of "without error", but rather in the sense of "exactly" what I'm wrestling with, or musing about, right now.

1 Chronicles 26:18 provides a fair example of what I hope to glean from this exercise. I do not presently understand the import and glory of the phrase "Parbar westward, four at the causeway and two at Parbar." But I am confident that its meaning is both accessible and helpful to the persistent student, and that the first step to understanding this verse is thoughtful reflection upon it. To be sure, reading is helpful. But reading and reflection is trebly so, and therefore journaling (of which blogging is a sub-species) ougth to be of some profit to both blogger and blogee (that would be you.)

I will also be including some articles, papers and poetry that I have written in the past and would welcome any comments on the same.

Having said all that, let the reader beware. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate the contents of this blog. (Has anyone actually ever spindled anything? Anyone, anyone? Bueller?) Not sold in stores. Not available in states without electricity, but readily available in states of anxiety, shock and/or euphoria. Terms subject to change without notice, prices do not include tax or license fees, not redeemable without coupon, alcoholic content not to exceed 14% (by volume.) SDG.


No comments: